December 17, 2007
- As you know, grades are due at noon on Tuesday, December 18th. Please contact the Registrar’s Office with any questions regarding the grading process.
- The One-stop convenience center will be open January 7, 8 and 9th, from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on the 2nd floor of the Bernhard Center. For more information see: www.wmich.edu/registrar/onestop
- Students who receive an Incomplete for a course this semester should not re-enroll in the course. When the work is completed, the instructor needs to submit a change of grade form; the student will be notified of the new grade.
- Saturday, Dec. 15 – Commencement
- Tuesday, Dec. 18 – Grades due by noon
- Monday, Jan. 7, 2008 – Spring classes begin at 8:00 am
- Friday, Jan. 11, 2008 – Last day of the drop/add period
- Monday, Jan. 14, 2008 – Dept clean up day, last day departments can make changes in student schedules.
- Monday, Jan. 14, 2008, Census Day
- Monday, Jan. 21, 2008 – MLK Day, no classes
- Thursday, Jan. 17, 2008 – Last day for 90% refund for complete withdrawal
- Monday, Feb. 4, 2008 – Last day for 50% refund for complete withdrawal
- Midterm grading will be open from Feb. 18 thru March 9.
Academic Forgiveness policy
As a reminder, the requirements for academic forgiveness are that a student:
- Have not earned a bachelor’s degree
- Have not attended Western Michigan University for at least four years
- Have applied for re-admission to the University
The form can be found on: www.wmich.edu/registrar/pdf/forms/academic_forgiveness.pdf
There has been some confusion this fall regarding students who want to switch from one section of a course to another after the drop/add period. Note that this is not considered an even switch,
that is, students will not be refunded for the section they drop, and will pay for the new section, even when they are switching from one section to another of the same course. Such section changes need to be made within the drop/add period.
Also, there is no policy for dropping students not attending a course. We attempt to contact those students who are reported to this office, but will not automatically drop them. It is the responsibility of the student to make the decision to drop a course.
I wish you all a very restful, happy and joyous holiday season! See you next year.