April commencement tickets
Spring graduates can pick up their reserved guest tickets today through April 27 in the WMU Bookstore Shops located in the Bernhard Center. Tickets may also be picked up on April 28 and April 29 at the Miller Auditorium box office.
Extra tickets may be available on a first come first served basis beginning Friday, April 29 at Miller Auditorium. Eligible students will be able to receive up to two additional tickets if available.
Monday, April 24 - Thursday, April 27
Final Exam Reminders:
- Regularly scheduled class meeting times are not held during the exam week.
- In every class taught, all faculty shall give a final examination, i.e., some form of comprehensive evaluative academic exercise appropriate to the course content and according to the published schedule of examinations, during the last week of the semester (which shall be set aside for final examinations), or at or near the scheduled conclusion of the session. The final evaluative exercise may be distributed before the time scheduled for the final exam providing that it is due and collected on the day during the final week of the semester on which the final exam has been scheduled. Exceptions to the requirement of scheduling a final examination (or other appropriate evaluative activity) may be granted, in writing, at the discretion of the appropriate chair and dean, upon request from the faculty member (AAUP Contract 38.§3).
- All final exams are held in the normal classroom unless other arrangements have been made with the Registrar’s Office. Use of classrooms for review sessions must be scheduled through the Registrar’s Office.
- If a student is assigned four exams during the same day, University policy will allow the student to request one exam to be given at the make-up time. Students should receive early notification from their instructors as to the times and places of their exams.
- In the event the University should close during Monday through Thursday of final exam week, the exams scheduled on the day of closure would automatically move to Friday.
Western Michigan University has reverse transfer agreements in place with all 28 Michigan community colleges. Through reverse transfer students can receive an associate degree by combining credits completed at WMU with credits earned at the community college.
The Registrar’s Office sent an email to 215 students eligible for review under reverse transfer. Student eligibility is based on the number of credits completed at WMU and the number of credits transferred from the partnering community college. A total of 3,117 former community college students have been contacted by WMU since our first reverse transfer agreement was signed in 2012.
Additional information on reverse transfer and a list of our current partners can be found on the Registrar’s Office website.
Fact of the Week
the average GPA of students receiving a bachelor's degree on April 29 is 3.28. Students receiving a graduate degree this semester have an average GPA of 3.39.
- Apr. 24 - 27—Final exam week
- Apr. 29—Semester ends; Commencement
- May 2—Final grades due by noon
- May 8—Summer I classes begin at 8 a.m.; tuition and fees due
- May 12—Last day to drop and add classes; last day to receive 100% refund
- May 15—Census
- May 16—$100 late add fee begins; withdraws recorded with a final grade of "W"
- May 19—Last day to receive 50% refund for a complete withdrawal
- May 29—Memorial Day recess; University is closed
- June 2—Last day to receive a 25% refund for a complete withdrawal
- June 5—Last day to withdraw from classes
- June 24—Commencement
- June 28—Session ends
- July 5—Final grades due by noon