Registrar’s Notes – December 16, 2013
December 16, 2013
Fall semester grades are due tomorrow, December 17, at noon. The grading system will be turned off soon after the deadline and we will begin processing. Grades will be available for students to view as soon as processing has been completed, which we anticipate will be sometime in the late afternoon or early evening tomorrow.
Students will be notified through their wmich.edu e-mail account if their academic standing changes to probation, extended probation, final probation or dismissal. The e-mail will explain what the standing means, the impact it has on future registration and information on recourses available to assist them. If the student has been academically dismissed, a hard copy letter will also be mailed to their permanent/home address
Students who have been academically dismissed will be dropped from their spring semester courses on Thursday, January 3.
Spring 2014 One Stop
The One Stop Convenience Center will be available for students at the start of the Spring 2014 semester. As in the past, it will be located on the second floor of the Bernard Center and will provide students with one convenient location to take care of all their semester start up needs. Dates and times are as follows:
Friday, Jan 3 (10am-5pm)
Mon, Jan 6 through Wed, Jan 8 (10am-6pm)
The technical set up is scheduled for December 18 and 19. Department set up is scheduled for January 2 from 1 - 5 p.m.
For those planning ahead, the Fall 2014 One-Stop schedule can be found online at:
An upgrade of the Elearning system will be occurring this week. The upgrade will start at 8:00 a.m. Wednesday, December 18 and go through Friday, December 20. D2L will be unavailable to students during the upgrade. Instructors will be able to access a read only copy of D2L from GoWMU to respond to any student grade inquiries during the upgrade. The read only test instance will be current as of 5:00 p.m. Tuesday. Please notes, instructors will NOT be able to make any updated in test during the upgrade.
- Tuesday, Dec. 17—Final grades due at noon
- Friday, January 3; Monday, January 6 to Wednesday, January 8-- Spring 2014 One Stop
- Monday, January 6—Spring classes begin
- Friday, January 10—Last day to drop/add classes
- Monday, January 13--Census
- Tuesday, January 14--$100 late add fee begins
- Thursday, January 16—Last day for 90% tuition refund for a complete withdraw
- Friday, January 17-- Last day for 50% tuition refund for a partial withdraw
- Monday, February 3-- Last day for 50% tuition refund for a complete withdraw
- Monday, February 3—Deadline to submit Summer I/Summer II graduation applications
- Monday, February 9 – First work grades due
- Friday, February 28-- Last day for 25% tuition refund for a complete withdraw
- Friday, February 28—Spirit day
- Monday, March 3—Spring break begins
- Monday, March 10 – Midterm grading closes, end of day
- Monday, March 10—Classes resume
- Monday, March 17—Last day to withdraw from Spring courses
- April 21-25—Final Exam week
- Saturday, April 26—Commencement
- Tuesday, April 29--Spring grades due at noon