Registrar’s Notes – October 7, 2013
October 7, 2013
Spring 2014 Registration
Spring 2014 registration begins one week from today on Monday, Oct. 14. Graduate students have access to register on day one, followed by priority students (Athletes, DSS, Honors, RAs, Trio) on day two. Seniors with 122 hours can register beginning on Wednesday, October 16. You can find the complete registration schedule at: http://www.wmich.edu/registrar/calendars/timeticketSpring.html
First Work Grades
Instructors were asked to submit a first work grade for their students by September 27. I am pleased to report that we had a record number for first work grades submitted this semester. Thank you to all instructors who took the time to report this information. Advisors have access to student’s first work grades and are in the process of following up with students who appear to be struggling academically. Instructors are encouraged to assign a midterm grade by October 27.
Summer I and Summer II 2014 Scheduling
Academic departments have access to update their Summer I and Summer II 2014 course offerings in Banner until 5 p.m. this Friday, October 11. Please contact Laura Thomas (email@example.com) if you have any questions about schedule building.
It is time again for the semi-annual security reauthorization. Security packets will be arriving soon to your department contact person. Forms should be completed and returned to the Registrar’s Office no later than Wednesday, October 23, 2013.
- Monday, October 14—Spring 2014 registration begins
- Wednesday, October 23—Last day to receive a 25% refund for a complete withdraw
- Sunday, October 27—Midterm grades due
- Monday, November 4—Last day to withdraw
- Wednesday, November 27—Thanksgiving recess starts at noon
- Monday, December 2—Classes resume
- Saturday, December 14--CommencementTuesday, Dec. 17—Final grades due at noon