Registrar’s Notes – September 9, 2013
September 9, 2013
The official census count will be taken at the end of the day tomorrow. It is important that all students attending fall courses are registered in Banner so they can be accurately reflected in our census counts. In addition, to prepare for census please ensures that all sections have the correct instructor of record listed and all sections on hold have been cancelled or made active.
The waitlisting notification was turned off this morning and any student still waitlisted for a fall section will be dropped by 8:00 a.m. tomorrow. Departments may add students into waitlisted sections tomorrow as they see appropriate.
Major and Minor Changes
As a reminder, changes to a student’s major or minor occurring after Tuesday will need to be made effective in Banner for the Spring 2014 semester. This is to prevent a student’s fall tuition from being reassessed if they are moving to or from a college with differential tuition.
Summer I/Summer II 2014 Scheduling
Working reports for Summer I/Summer II 2014 are now available in Cognos. Banner access to edit Summer 2014 courses is available beginning today. The deadline for all Banner edits is October 11 by 5 p.m.
For Banner training, please contact Laura Thomas at email@example.com.
New and Improved Congos Prerequisite Report
Institutional Research, working with OIT, has developed a Congos report to help departments identify students who are registered for a course without meeting the prerequisites. The new report, “20.20.90 Course Prerequisite Check”, is designed to replace the manual process of having to audit one requirement at a time.
The report checks prerequisite against those set up for the course in Banner and will return a list of students who didn’t satisfy the requirements. This is a first draft of the report. Institutional Research will be making adjustments to the fields and filter options to make it more flexible.
The September 15 deadline to submit Fall 2014 fee information is approaching. Monitoring class fees is the responsibility of the department chair and requires the approval of the college dean and the Office of the Provost. Course fees are generally in effect for three years following the approved effective date. The process to submit, review and approve or deny course fee requests is managed via Banner workflow. For further information about course-related fees, please refer to the Academic Affairs Manual.
- Monday, September 9—Last day to drop/add
- Tuesday, September 10—Census
- Wednesday, September 11--$100 late fee begins
- Thursday, September 12—Last day to receive a 90% refund for complete withdraw
- Monday, September 16—Last day to receive a 50% refund for a partial withdraw
- Friday, September 27—Last day to receive a 50% refund for a complete withdraw
- Sunday, September 29—First work grades due
- Wednesday, October 23—Last day to receive a 25% refund for a complete withdraw
- Sunday, October 27—Midterm grades due
- Monday, November 4—Last day to withdraw
- Wednesday, November 27—Thanksgiving recess starts at noon
- Monday, December 2—Classes resume
- Tuesday, Dec. 17—Final grades due at noon