Registrar’s Notes – September 3, 2013
September 3, 2013
As of this morning, our fall enrollment is 24,040. The official census count will be taken at the end of the day on September 10. Please make every effort to ensure that all students attending fall courses are registered in Banner so they can be accurately reflected in our census counts. We need to register an additional 558 students in order to match our 2012 fall enrollment.
The One Stop Convenience Center continues this week. One Stop is located on the second floor of the Bernhard Center in the West Ball Room. Several offices are on hand to assist students with their semester start up needs:
- Accounts Receivable
- Financial Aid
- Information Technology
- Parent and Family Programs
- Parking Services
- Registrar’s Office
- Sindecuse Health Center
One Stop will be open today through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on Friday from 9 a.m. to noon.
WMU went live with Degree Works in May. This summer, at orientation, Degree Works was introduced to incoming first-year students. Our focus now is to market Degree Works to returning undergraduate students with a 2010 or later catalog year.
The Registrar’s Office has been working on developing Degree Works training and promotional materials; including an introductory video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUkOQMrZfFA), a student training manual, and a quick start guide. These documents, as well as other information on Degree Works, can be found on the Registrar’s Office website under the Degree Works link.
We need your help spreading the word about Degree Works! Please encourage students to check out Degree Works and share the video with them. If your building has a display screen, please consider including a slide on Degree Works. A one page PDF was created for this purpose and can be found at:
Want to learn more about Degree Works? Stop by our table at Bronco Bash next Friday.
- Tuesday, September 3—Fall classes begin
- Monday, September 9—Last day to drop/add
- Tuesday, September 10—Census
- Wednesday, September 11--$100 late fee begins
- Thursday, September 12—Last day to receive a 90% refund for complete withdraw
- Monday, September 16—Last day to receive a 50% refund for a partial withdraw
- Friday, September 27—Last day to receive a 50% refund for a complete withdraw
- Sunday, September 29—First work grades due
- Wednesday, October 23—Last day to receive a 25% refund for a complete withdraw
- Sunday, October 27—Midterm grades due
- Monday, November 4—Last day to withdraw
- Wednesday, November 27—Thanksgiving recess starts at noon
- Monday, December 2—Classes resume
- Tuesday, Dec. 17—Final grades due at noon