Registrar’s Notes – August 26, 2013
August 26, 2013
The Dean’s List for the Summer II session has been published on the Registrar’s Office website at: http://www.wmich.edu/registrar/deans-list/index.php. The site allows you to search for Dean’s List recipients by name, college, city, state or zip. To view the complete list, just search by semester.
In order to qualify for the Dean’s List, students must complete at least 12 hours of graded work during the fall or spring semester (6 hours during Summer I or Summer II); and receive a grade point average of 3.50 or higher for that semester/session.
The Fall Welcome program kicks off tomorrow. Fall Welcome is a four day program to assist first-year students with their transitions to college life. Move in begins today for first-year and transfer students in First-Year Seminar (FYE 2100), Lee Honors College (LHC), ROTC and Air Force ROTC. A complete schedule of Fall Welcome events can be found online at: http://www.wmich.edu/fye/fallwelcome/event-schedule.html.
The Matriculation Ceremony will be held on Thursday, August 29 from 5 to 6:15 p.m. in Miller Auditorium. Buster’s Buffet (formerly Pizza with the Profs) will follow in the Gilmore Theatre Complex parking lot.
Fall Welcome is partnering with Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes for Fall Welcome's first community service project. Faculty and staff are encouraged to donate non-perishable food items at the Parent & Family Hospitality Tent, in front of Sangren Hall, Aug. 26 and 27, or at the Bernhard Center lobby, Aug. 26-30.
One Stop opens this morning in the West Ballroom of the Bernhard Center. At One Stop students can purchase parking permits, arrange for on-campus housing, and get information on financial aid, student accounts, employment and health care services.
Fall 2013 One Stop Hours:
August 26 -29 9 - 6
August 30 9 - 5
September 3-5 9 - 6
September 6 9 - noon
FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act)
In preparation for the start of a new academic year, the FERPA brochure has recently been revised. Please take a moment to review the updated brochure and share it with any new employees in your department/unit; including student employees. Maintaining the confidentiality of student records is the responsibility of everyone at WMU. The brochure is designed to help you better understand the law governing the confidentiality of student education records and our responsibilities under FERPA.
- Monday, August 26 to Friday, September 6—One Stop
- Tuesday, August 27 to Friday, August 30—Fall Welcome
- Monday, September 2—Labor Day recess
- Tuesday, September 3—Fall classes begin
- Monday, September 9—Last day to drop/add
- Tuesday, September 10—Census
- Wednesday, September 11--$100 late fee begins
- Thursday, September 12—Last day to receive a 90% refund for complete withdraw
- Monday, September 16—Last day to receive a 50% refund for a partial withdraw
- Friday, September 27—Last day to receive a 50% refund for a complete withdraw
- Sunday, September 29—First work grades due
- Wednesday, October 23—Last day to receive a 25% refund for a complete withdraw
- Sunday, October 27—Midterm grades due
- Monday, November 4—Last day to withdraw
- Wednesday, November 27—Thanksgiving recess starts at noon
- Monday, December 2—Classes resume
- Tuesday, Dec. 17—Final grades due at noon