Registrar’s Notes – July 15, 2013
July 15, 2013
December Graduation Deadline – August 1
A reminder that August 1 is the deadline for students to submit their graduation audit for December commencement. Undergraduate students should complete their graduation audit in the college advising office and return it to the Registrar’s Office. Applications for graduate students can be obtained in the Registrar’s Office or on our website.
Reporting students not attending or students attending but not appearing on the class list is as important during the summer sessions as it is during a fall and spring semester. Please encourage instructors to report attendance issues using the link provided on the Faculty menu in GoWMU. Staff from the Registrar's Office, advising, and Residence Life will follow up with students reported as not attending.
Hardship/Non-Attendance Withdrawal Form
The appeal form for students to request a hardship withdraw after the student-initiated withdrawal has recently changed. The new form is available on the Ombudsman’s website at http://www.wmich.edu/ombudsman/Assets/pdf/appeal_for_late_withdrawal.pdf. Please direct students to the new form and destroy any pervious copies.
FERPA and Written Consent
In general, a student's prior written consent is required before institutions can disclose non-directory information. According to FERPA guidelines, prior written consent must include ALL of the following elements:
- Specify the records to be released
- State the purpose of the disclosure
- Identify the party or class of parties to whom the disclosure may be made
- The date
- The signature of the student whose record is to be disclosed
A Student Information Release Authorization form is available on the Registrar’s Office website to assist in situations where a written consent is required. The form can be found at: http://www.wmich.edu/registrar/pdf/forms/PermissionReleaseInformation.pdf
- Monday, July 22—Last day to receive a 25% refund for complete withdrawal
- Monday, July 29—Last day to withdraw
- Friday, August 16—Summer II session ends
- Tuesday, August 20—Final grades due at noon
- Tuesday August 27 to Friday, August 30—Fall Welcome