Registrar’s Notes – June 24, 2013
We are in the home stretch of Fall 2013 orientation. As of today, 2,322 students have attended orientation and we are expecting an additional 787 students on campus during the remaining four sessions.
Summer Term Information
Summer I session ends Wednesday.Grades are due next Tuesday, July 2 at noon. Grades will be available to students as soon as we complete processing, which should will be sometime in the late afternoon on July 2. Summer II starts at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday.
More than 1,300 degrees will be conferred at commencement on Saturday. Two ceremonies will be held in Miller Auditorium as follows:
9:00 a.m. College of Education and Human Development
College of Health and Human Services
College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Extended University Programs
noon College of Arts and Sciences
College of Aviation
Haworth College of Business
College of Fine Arts
Graduates are able to pick up eight guest tickets in the WMU Bookstore through Saturday. If extra tickets are available they will be distributed on Friday, June 28 at Miller Auditorium beginning at 11:00 a.m.
The commencement ceremonies will be broadcast live on EduCABLE channel 5 and throughout the Kalamazoo viewing area by Charter Communications on Public Media Network’s channel 99.
Additional information on the Summer 2013 commencement ceremony can be found online at: www.wmich.edu/commencement.
- Wednesday, June Session ends
- Thursday, June Summer II session starts
- Saturday, June Commencement
- Tuesday, July Summer I final grades due at noon
- Wednesday, July Summer II drop/add ends
- Thursday, July Independence Day Recess
- Friday, July Census
- Tuesday, July Last day to receive a 50% refund for complete withdrawal
- Monday, July Last day to receive a 25% refund for complete withdrawal
- Monday, July Last day to withdraw
- Friday, August Summer II session ends
- Tuesday, August Final grades due at noon
- Tuesday August 27 to Friday, August 30—Fall Welcome