Registrar’s Notes – June 10, 2013
June 10, 2013
Grading for Spring 2013 has been closed. Students who were not issued a grade by the instructor have been given an incomplete. Instructors can remove the “I” grade using the “Remove Incomplete Grade” link on the Faculty menu in GoWMU.
Grading for the Summer I session is open. Summer I grades are due at noon on Tuesday, July 2.
The June commencement ceremony is scheduled for Saturday, June 29 in Miller Auditorium. Graduates planning to attend should reserve their tickets no later than Wednesday, June 19. The RSVP form can be found under the Academic Services menu in GoWMU. Graduates can also reserve their six guest tickets through the Registrar’s Office by calling 269-387-4300.
Both the 2013 Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs are available online. They can be accessed on the Registrar’s Office website (www.wmich.edu/registrar), under the student and faculty/staff tabs. You may notice some changes to the front pages of the graduate catalog. Revisions were made at the request of a subcommittee of the Graduate Studies Council in an effort to incorporate information from the Graduate Advising Handbook.
Authorized User Access
As you work with students and parents you may want to remind them that we have the authorized user access option in GoWMU. It allows students to add individuals as an authorized user to view billing, financial aid and academic information. The authorized user will be provided with a login ID and password to access the information authorized by the student.
Students can grant access to:
- Enrollment Verification
- Grades (midterm and final)
- Concise Schedule View
- Schedule of Classes
- Unofficial Transcript
- Financial Aid Requirements
- Financial Aid Awards for Aid Year
- Financial Aid Payment Schedule
Instructions on how students can create an authorized user account can be found online at:
- Wednesday, June 26—Session ends
- Thursday, June 27—Summer II session starts
- Saturday, June 29—Commencement
- Tuesday, July 2—Summer I final grades due at noon
- Wednesday, July 3—Summer II drop/add ends
- Thursday, July 4—Independence Day Recess
- Friday, July 5—Census
- Tuesday, July 9—Last day to receive a 50% refund for complete withdrawal
- Monday, July 22—Last day to receive a 25% refund for complete withdrawal
- Monday, July 29—Last day to withdraw
- Friday, August 16—Summer II session ends
- Tuesday, August 20—Final grades due at noon
- Tuesday August 27 to Friday, August 30—Fall Welcome