Registrar’s Notes – April 22, 2013
April 22, 2013
Over 2,000 students will be attending Saturday’s commencement in University Arena (Read Fieldhouse). Ceremony times are as follows:
9:00 a.m. College of Education
College of Health and Human Services
College of Aviation
1:00 p.m. Haworth College of Business
College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
College of Fine Arts
5:00 p.m. College of Arts and Sciences
Extended University Programs
Graduates are able to pick up their five guest tickets in the WMU Bookstore through Saturday. If extra tickets are available they will be distributed on Friday, April 26 in the University Arena ticket office beginning at 9:00 a.m.
The commencement ceremonies will be broadcast live on EduCABLE channel 5 and throughout the Kalamazoo viewing area by Charter Communications on Public Media Network’s channel 99.
Additional information on the Spring 2013 commencement ceremony, including a map of available parking around University Arena, can be found online at: www.wmich.edu/commencement.
Spring semester grades are due next Tuesday, April 30 at noon. Grades will be available to students as soon as we complete processing, which we anticipate will be sometime in the late afternoon or early evening on April 30.
A few grading reminders--
- The grade of "X" should be used when a student either never attended or stopped attending the course and is not eligible for an incomplete. The "X" grade is counted into the student's gpa the same as an "E" grade.
- An incomplete is a temporary grade, given for reasons beyond the control of the student and is not to be given as a substitute for a failing grade.
- A Report of Incomplete Grade, located on the faculty menu in GoWMU, needs to be submitted when an incomplete grade is assigned. The Report of Incomplete Grade lists the work the student needs to complete in the course as well as the deadline for completion.
- Instructors are required to provide a last date of attendance for students receiving a grade of “E” or “X”. If attendance information is not available, the instructor can use the last date of recorded academic activity. In cases where the student does not come to even one class session or does not complete any work, the first day of the semester should be used.
Textbook Requisition Process
The Follett online adoption site is now live for WMU. The “Textbook Requisition” link in GoWMU directs instructors to the Follett site. Instructors will need to create a profile with Follett when ordering course materials for the first time. This can be done by clicking on the “New? Register Here” icon.
Detailed instructions on the Follett process can be found on the Registrar’s Office website at http://www.wmich.edu/registrar/faculty-staff/textbooks.html. If you are planning ahead, Spring 2014 textbook information needs to be entered by September 23, 2013.
For assistance with the Follett site, please contact:
Charles Hendrix, Course Materials Manager (269) 387-3935 or (269) 387-3917
Terry Hudson, Store Director (269) 387-3919
- April 22-26—Final Exam week
- Saturday, April 27—Commencement
- Tuesday, April 30--Spring grades due at noon
- Monday, May 6—Summer I classes begin at 8 a.m.
- Friday, May 10—Drops/add ends
- Monday, May 13—Census
- Monday, May 20—Last day to receive 50% refund for complete withdrawal
- Monday, May 27—Memorial Day Recess
- Friday, May 31—Last day to receive 25% refund for complete withdrawal
- Monday, June 3—Last day to withdraw
- Wednesday, June 26—Session ends