Registrar’s Notes – April 1, 2013
April 1, 2013
As we enter the last few weeks of the Spring 2013 semester, here are some things to remember regarding final exams:
- Final exam week is scheduled for April 22 to April 26.
- All final exams must be held as scheduled in the final exam schedule which can be found on the Registrar’s Office website at: http://www.wmich.edu/registrar/finalexam201310.html
- All final exams are held in the normal classroom, unless other arrangements have been made with the Registrar’s Office.
- To schedule classroom space for review sessions, please e-mail the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If any student is assigned four exams during the same day, University policy will allow the student to request that one exam to be given at the make-up time.
- In every class taught, all faculty shall give a final examination, i.e., some form of comprehensive evaluative academic exercise appropriate to the course, during the last week of the semester.
- The final evaluative exercise may be distributed before the time scheduled for the final exam provided that it is due and collected on the day the final exam has been scheduled.
WMU students planning to attend another institution as a guest student over the summer can apply using a guest application. If the student is seeking enrollment at a Michigan college or university, they can complete a Michigan Undergraduate Guest Application. Students can access the guest application in GoWMU. The application will be filled in automatically with all the required information, including the WMU seal and the registrar's signature. The student only needs to print, sign and mail the application to the guest school. The application can also be found online at http://www.wmich.edu/registrar/pdf/forms/MichiganUniformGuestApplication.pdf.
Students using the non-GoWMU version will need to bring the application to the Registrar’s Office to have part II of the form completed. All students interested in taking a course over the summer at a guest institution should contact that institution to determine if additional requirements are required for admission or enrollment. Students must arrange to have a transcript sent of any credit earned from the guest institution back to WMU upon the completion of the semester/session.
Priority registration ended last Wednesday. All current students are eligible to register for Fall 2013 courses.
Upcoming Textbook Requisition Change
The bookstore is in the process of transitioning its operations to Follett. As part of this change, the current textbook requisition process will no longer be used starting on April 11. On April 15, the textbook requisition link in GoWMU will be redirected. Instructors will need to go to a Follett maintained site in order to enter or review faculty adoption information.
An email with instructions on the new process will be going out soon to all instructors. In the meantime, please encourage any instructors who have not yet submitted their textbook information for Summer I, Summer II or Fall 2013 to do so before the April 11 cut off, as the textbook requisition system will not be available between April 11 and April 15. Students will continue to be able to view all textbooks ordered on the course offerings site throughout the transition period.
- April 22-26—Final Exam week
- Saturday, April 27—Commencement
- Tuesday, April 30--Spring grades due at noon
- Monday, May 6—Summer I classes begin at 8 a.m.
- Friday, May 10—Drops/add ends
- Monday, May 13—Census
- Monday, May 20—Last day to receive 50% refund for complete withdrawal
- Monday, May 27—Memorial Day Recess
- Friday, May 31—Last day to receive 25% refund for complete withdrawal
- Monday, June 3—Last day to withdraw
- Wednesday, June 26—Session ends