Registrar’s Notes – February 25, 2013
February 25, 2013
When to register
Registration time is based on credit hours earned. The system does not take into account the credit hours for which you are currently registered. For instance, if you are registered for 16 credit hours, but have only completed 8 credit hours, the system will only recognize the 8 credit hours. To determine your earned credit hours:
- Log into GoWMU
- Choose the Unofficial Transcript link
- Scroll to the bottom to view overall earned credit hours
Graduate students – may register anytime the system is available during the published days for registration. See current Graduate Catalog.
Undergraduate students – may register anytime the system is available on or after their initial priority time. See current Undergraduate Catalog.
View General Education Guidelines
You can see what classes are currently available by logging into GoWMU or by Class Lookup.
You will not be able to register for WMU courses, if you
- do not have current admission status
- have been academically dismissed
- attempt to register before your priority time
- have a University hold (hold information is available on the View Holds page in GoWMU)
- do not meet the course prerequisites
- do not register for required co-requisites
- try to register for courses which have time conflicts
- attempt to register for duplicate courses
If you have questions regarding prerequisites or co-requisites, please contact the department offering the course.
All course registration is conducted through GoWMU which is available Monday through Saturday, 24 hours a day, and on Sunday from noon to midnight.
- Login to GoWMU
- Choose the Student Home tab
- Choose Course Offerings
- Select a term from the drop down menu
- Click Submit
- Choose a Subject
- Click Course Search
- Find the four-digit course number and click View Sections
- Place a check mark in the box next to the CRN column
- Click Register
- If there are no errors, you will be registered for the class immediately.
- Repeat the steps for additional classes
If you cannot register because the class is full, then:
- Check and see if there is a waitlist and add yourself.
- Contact the department that is offering the class (if there is no waitlist) for information about registering for closed classes.
- Keep checking through GoWMU because students will drop classes throughout the drop/add period and space may open up.
If you cannot register because an approval is required, please contact the department of the class to get help with registering. You can find departmental contact information through the directory website.
Students are responsible for their registration and any subsequent withdrawal from courses.
Students who do not attend or complete their courses must withdraw by the established deadlines or be subject to failing grades and/or tuition and fee charges.
- call (269) 387-4300,
- email us, firstname.lastname@example.org or
- visit the Office of the Registrar, 3210 Seibert Administration Building during regular business hours.