Registrar’s Notes – February 4, 2013
February 4, 2013
The Banner upgrade was a success. We are now on version 8.5.4. This upgrade provided fixes to some problems and will keep us current for support purposes. Users should not see any noticeable changes to Banner functionality as a result of the weekend upgrade.
Registration opens next Monday for Summer I and Summer II 2013. Priority registration will go through Friday, February 15. The complete schedule can be found on our website at: http://www.wmich.edu/registrar/calendars/timeticketSummer.html.
First Work Grades
The first work submission deadline is approaching. First work grades are due in Banner by Monday, February 11. Providing students with an early indication of how they are performing in a course can be valuable, especially in 1000 and 2000 level courses. Instructors are asked to follow up with a midterm grade no later than Monday, March 11.
There is still time to take advantage of the reserved seating feature in Banner for Fall 2013 registration. Reserved seating allows departments to allocate seats to specific populations of students, thereby keeping seats saved for students who need them the most. Detailed information on reserved seating can be found on the Banner Training Website at: https://wmich.edu/sit/training/banner/index.html.
Please let me know if you have any questions about reserved seating or if you would like to explore how reserved seating can be used in your department to help manage course demand.
Summer Graduation Application
We will continue to accept graduation applications for June and August graduation through the end of the month. Please encourage students that are planning to graduate over the summer to submit their information to the Registrar’s Office as soon as possible.
- Monday, February 4-- Last day for 50% tuition refund for a complete withdraw
- Monday, February 11 – First work grade due
- Friday, March 1-- Last day for 25% tuition refund for a complete withdraw
- Friday, March 1—Spirit day
- Monday, March 4—Spring break begins
- Monday, March 11 – Midterm grading closes, end of day
- Monday, March 11—Classes resume
- Monday, March 18—Last day to withdraw from Spring courses
- April 22-26—Final Exam week
- Saturday, April 27—Commencement
- Tuesday, April 30--Spring grades due at noon