Registrar’s Notes – January 21, 2013
January 21, 2013
Fall 2013 Schedule Building
Fall 2013 round two is now available in Cognos to review. This is an important step to verify that all of your Fall 2013 sections are correct. Some items to look for:
- Contact vs. credit hours
- Lecture/lab text
- Room assignments
- Department restrictions
Round two working reports must be signed by the department chair and/or the Dean and be returned to the Registrar's Office even if there are no changes. The deadline to return the signed working reports is Tuesday, January 29 by 5 p.m.
Spring 2014 will be made available to edit April 29th.
Summer I and Summer II Schedules
Summer I and Summer II 2013 schedules will be open for viewing next Monday. Please make sure all text book orders and schedule changes have been made prior to January 28. Summer registration will open on February 11.
First Work and Midterm Grading
Midterm grading is open and instructors are encouraged to submit a first work grade by Monday, February 11. First work grades can be entered using the midterm grade worksheet located on the faculty menu in GoWMU. Providing early feedback to students gives them a sense of how they are doing in the course and lets them know where they may need to make adjustments while they still have time to do so. Advisors will be monitoring first work/midterm grades and will follow-up with students receiving low grades.
The midterm grade deadline has been extended one day due to spring break. The new deadline is Monday, March 11.
Summer Graduation Application Deadline
Just a reminder that the deadline for students to submit an application for June 2013 or August 2013 graduation is Friday, February 1.
- Monday, February 4-- Last day for 50% tuition refund for a complete withdraw
- Monday, February 11 – First work grade due
- Friday, March 1-- Last day for 25% tuition refund for a complete withdraw
- Friday, March 1—Spirit day
- Monday, March 4—Spring break begins
- Sunday, March 10 – Midterm grading closes, end of day
- Monday, March 11—Classes resume
- Monday, March 18—Last day to withdraw from Spring courses
- April 22-26—Final Exam week
- Saturday, April 27—Commencement
- Tuesday, April 30--Spring grades due at noon