Registrar’s Notes – January 14, 2013
January 14, 2013
The official census count will be taken at the end of the day today. It is critical that all students attending spring courses are registered in Banner today so they can be accurately reflected in our census numbers. In addition, to prepare for census, please ensure that all sections have the correct instructor of record listed and all sections on hold have been cancelled or made active.
All waitlisted students have been dropped from Spring 2013 courses. Departments may add students into waitlisted sections today as they see appropriate.
Major and Minor Changes
As a reminder, changes to a student’s major or minor occurring after today will need to be made effective in Banner for the Summer I 2013 semester. This is to prevent a student’s spring tuition from being reassessed if they are moving to or from a college with differential tuition.
Spring 2013 Registration Changes
Departments have access to add students to Spring 2013 courses through the end of the day today. After today, students will need to submit a completed Permission to Late Add form to the Registrar’s Office in order to add. The form can be on the Registrar’s Office website at:
Students adding their first course after today will be assessed a late add fee of $100 per class.
Students dropping today will receive a 100% refund. After today, students can receive a 50% refund for withdrawing from individual classes through Friday, January 18. After Friday, there is no refund for a partial withdraw. Students withdrawing from all classes are eligible to receive a 90% refund through Thursday, January 17.
A 24-hour grace period is provided to students who drop a course that meets for the first time on or after the end of the drop/add period. Students dropping a class within 24 hours of the start date should contact the Registrar’s Office to make sure they receive the correct refund.
Grade mode and credit hour changes
At this point in the semester students can no longer change from a letter grade to credit/no credit, or from credit/no credit to a letter grade. Students are also unable to decrease credit hours in a variable credit course. According to university policy, changes to the grade mode and the credit hour range can only be done through the end of the drop/add period.
- Monday, January 14--Census
- Tuesday, January 15--$100 late add fee begins
- Thursday, January 17—Last day for 90% tuition refund for a complete withdraw
- Friday, January 18-- Last day for 50% tuition refund for a partial withdraw
- Monday, February 4-- Last day for 50% tuition refund for a complete withdraw
- Monday, February 11 – First work grade due
- Friday, March 1-- Last day for 25% tuition refund for a complete withdraw
- Friday, March 1—Spirit day
- Monday, March 4—Spring break begins
- Sunday, March 10 – Midterm grading closes, end of day
- Monday, March 11—Classes resume
- Monday, March 18—Last day to withdraw from Spring courses
- April 22-26—Final Exam week
- Saturday, April 27—Commencement
- Tuesday, April 30--Spring grades due at noon