Registrar’s Notes – December 12, 2011
December 12, 2011
Over 1,200 students will be attending commencement this Saturday in Miller Auditorium. The schedule is as follows:
College of Education and Human Development
College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
College of Fine Arts
Haworth College of Business
College of Health and Human Services
College of Aviation
College of Arts and Sciences
Extended University Programs
Graduates are able to pick up their four guest tickets in the WMU Bookstore starting today through Saturday, December 17. If extra tickets are available they will be distributed on Friday, December 16 in Miller Auditorium beginning at 8:00 a.m.
The commencement ceremonies will be broadcast live on EduCABLE channel 5 and throughout the Kalamazoo viewing area by Charter Communications on Public Media Network’s channel 99
Fall semester grades are due next Tuesday, December 20 at noon. Grades will be available to students as soon as we complete processing, which we anticipate will be sometime in the late afternoon or early evening on December 20.
A few grading reminders--
- The grade of "X" should be used when a student either never attended or stopped attending the course and is not eligible for an incomplete. The "X" grade is counted into the student's gpa the same as an "E" grade.
- An incomplete is a temporary grade, given for reasons beyond the control of the student and is not to be given as a substitute for a failing grade.
- A Report of Incomplete Grade, located on the faculty menu in GoWMU, needs to be submitted when an incomplete grade is assigned. The Report of Incomplete Grade lists the work the student needs to complete in the course as well as the deadline for completion.
- Saturday, December 17—Commencement
- Tuesday, December 20—Fall Grades Due at noon
- Monday, January 9—Classes begin at 8 a.m.
- Monday, January 16—Martin Luther King Jr. Day recess
- Friday, March 2—Spirit day
- Monday, March 5—Spring break begins
- Monday, March 12—Classes resume
- Saturday, April 28—Commencement
- Tuesday, May 1—Spring grades due at noon