Registrar’s Notes – November 21, 2011
November 21, 2011
Fall 2012 Working Reports
All edits to the Fall 2012 schedule must be completed in Banner no later than 5 p.m. on Wednesday, November 23
Student Concern Form
As a reminder, faculty or staff concerned about a student can report this using the Student Concern Form. Information recorded on the form is confidential and goes directly to the Dean of Students Office. They will review the concern and will follow up with the student. There is a link to the student concern form on the Faculty menu in GoWMU or you can go directly to: http://wwwwmichedu/students/healthhtml.
Banner Faculty Self-Service Defect
We have discovered a defect in the Faculty Self-Service module of Banner impacting Internet Explorer 7 users. Instructors using an IE7 version may not be able to access the term selection drop down menu. As a work around, instructors can place their cursor in the term field and use the down arrow on the keyboard to scroll through the available terms.
Upgrading to Internet Explorer 8 or using Firefox will also rectify the problem. Please note, that the Office of Information Technology recommends that you not upgrade to Internet Explorer 9 or beyond or Mozilla Firefox 3.6 at this time since those versions are not yet vendor approved for WMU web-based applications.
- Wednesday, November 23—Thanksgiving Recess begins at noon
- Thursday, December 1—Deadline to apply for April graduation
- Saturday, December 17—Commencement
- Tuesday, December 20—Fall Grades Due at noon
- Monday, January 9—Classes begin at 8 a.m.
- Monday, January 16—Martin Luther King Jr. Day recess
- Friday, March 2—Spirit day
- Monday, March 5—Spring break begins
- Monday, March 12—Classes resume
- Saturday, April 28—Commencement
- Tuesday, May 1—Spring grades due at noon