Registrar’s Notes – September 6, 2011
September 6, 2011
As of this morning, our fall enrollment is 24,792. The official census count will be taken at the end of the day on September 13. Please make every effort to ensure all students attending fall courses are registered in Banner so they can be accurately reflected in our census counts.
Waitlist notification will be turned off Friday afternoon and any student still remaining on a waitlist will be deleted first thing Monday morning.
Fall midterm grading is open. Instructors are encouraged to submit a ‘first work’ grade by October 3 and a midterm grade by October 30.
Major and Minor Changes
A new policy governing when students can make changes to their major or minor is taking effect this semester. Students wanting to update their major or minor can only do so through the drop/add period. After census, any change must occur for the following semester or session. For example, if a student requests on September 16 to change from a history major to a marketing major, Banner would be updated to reflect the marketing major effective Spring 2012. The student’s Fall 2011 information will continue to reflect the history major. This policy has been updated in the 2011-2012 catalog under Major and Minor Requirements.
The One Stop Convenience Center continues this week. One Stop is located on the second floor of the Bernhard Center in the South Ball Room. Several offices will be on hand to assist students including:
- Accounts Receivable
- Career and Student Employment Services
- Office of Financial Aid
- Office of Information Technology
- Office of Residence Life
- Parking Services
- Registrar’s Office
- Sindecuse Health Center
One Stop will be open today through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on Friday from 9 p.m. to noon.
- Monday, September 12—Drop/Add ends. Last day for a 100% refund
- Tuesday, September 13—Census
- Wednesday, September 14—$100 late add fee begins
- Thursday, September 15—Last day for a 90% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Friday, September 16—Deadline to apply for December graduation
- Monday, September 19—Last day for a 50% refund for a partial withdrawal
- Friday, September 30—Last day for a 50% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Monday, October 3—First Work Grades Due
- Friday, October 28—Last day for a 25% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Sunday, October 30—Mid-term Grades Due
- Monday, November 7—Last Day to Withdraw
- Wednesday, November 23—Thanksgiving Recess begins at noon
- Thursday, December 1—Deadline to apply for April graduation
- Saturday, December 17—Commencement