Registrar’s Notes – August 29, 2011
August 29, 2011
The four-digit keypad codes to rooms in Dunbar, Kohrman, Moore and Sangren have been changed. Building coordinators have been notified and will be distributing the new codes to department staff and instructors.
The Fall Welcome program begins today to assist our first year students in making the academic and social transition to college. We are expecting close to 3,000 students will be attending this four day event.
One of the highlights of Fall Welcome is the Matriculation Ceremony where the class of 2015 will be formally welcomed to WMU. The Matriculation Ceremony will be held on Wednesday, August 31 at 10:00 a.m. in Miller Auditorium. Pizza with the Profs will follow at 11:15 a.m. in Miller Plaza.
The full schedule of Fall Welcome events can be found at: http://www.wmich.edu/fye/fallwelcome/.
The One Stop Convenience Center opens this morning. This is our 7 th year operating One Stop to provide students with one location to go to take care of all their semester start up needs. One Stop is located on the second floor of the Bernhard Center in the South Ball Room.
Fall 2011 One Stop hours:
- Monday, Aug. 29 : 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 30 : 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 31 : 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 1 : 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 2 : 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 6 : 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 7 : 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 8 : 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 9 : 9 a.m. to noon
Family Education Fair
Thank you to all who turned out for the Family Education Fair last Tuesday. I enjoyed the opportunity to talk with many of you and hear how you plan to take advantage of our tuition remission benefit. It’s not too late to register for a fall course. If you need any help getting started, please contact me at (269) 387-4325.
- Monday, September 5—Labor Day Recess
- Tuesday, September 6—Fall Classes begin at 8:00 a.m.
- Monday, September 12—Drop/Add ends. Last day for a 100% refund
- Tuesday, September 13—Census
- Wednesday, September 14--$100 late add fee begins
- Thursday, September 15—Last day for a 90% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Friday, September 16 – Deadline to apply for December graduation
- Monday, September 19—Last day for a 50% refund for a partial withdrawal
- Friday, September 30—Last day for a 50% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Monday, October 3—First Work Grades Due
- Friday, October 28—Last day for a 25% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Sunday, October 30—Mid-term Grades Due
- Monday, November 7—Last Day to Withdraw
- Wednesday, November 23—Thanksgiving Recess begins at noon
- Thursday, December 1—Deadline to apply for April graduation
- Saturday, December 17—Commencement