Registrar’s Notes – August 8, 2011
August 8, 2011
Planning for the fall one-stop convenience center is underway. The dates and times for fall 2011 are as follows:
August 29 - 31 9 - 6
September 1 9 - 6
September 2 9 - 5
September 5 Holiday - University Closed
September 6-8 9 - 6
September 9 9 - noon
One Stop will be located on the second floor of the Bernard Center in the North Ballroom as it has in the past. This temporary center gives students and their families one convenient location to take care of all their semester start up needs. Additional information on One Stop as well as a list of offices represented can be at: http://www.wmich.edu/registrar/onestop/.
Students who have been academically dismissed will be dropped from their Fall courses on Thursday, August 11.
Department Chair Handbook and New Faculty Instructions
These documents have been updated on the Registrar’s Office website. Both are located on the faculty/staff tab under the tools sections.
- Friday, August 19—Summer II session ends
- Tuesday, August 23—Summer II grades due at noon
- Monday, August 29—Fall One Stop Opens
- Tuesday, August 30—Fall Welcome Week begins
- Monday, September 5—Labor Day Recess
- Tuesday, September 6—Fall Classes begin at 8:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 13—Census
- Monday, October 3—First Work Grades Due
- Sunday, October 30—Mid-term Grades Due
- Monday, November 7—Last Day to Withdraw
- Wednesday, November 23—Thanksgiving Recess begins at noon
- Saturday, December 17—Commencement