Registrar’s Notes – August 1, 2011
August 1, 2011
Summer II Grading
Grading for the Summer II session is open. Summer II grades are due at noon on Tuesday, August 23.
Faculty Self-Service Improvement
Faculty can now view their future teaching assignments through GoWMU before the schedule of courses is open. This has been done to assist with the textbook requirement that went into effect with the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) of 2008. Prior to this modification instructors did not have access to CRN numbers in GoWMU until the schedule was open for viewing. Now instructors will be able to access their future teaching assignments well in advance of when the textbook orders are due. Spring 2012 assignments are currently available.
Looking ahead, Spring 2012 textbook information is due September 26.
December Graduation Application Deadline
The deadline for students to apply for December 2011 graduation is being extended to September 16. The extension is to allow students who are away from campus over the summer time to meet with an advisor and submit their paperwork to the Registrar’s Office when they return in the fall.
- Friday, August 19—Summer II session ends
- Tuesday, August 23—Summer II grades due at noon
- Monday, August 29—Fall One Stop Opens
- Monday, September 5—Labor Day Recess
- Tuesday, September 6—Fall Classes begin at 8:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 13—Census
- Monday, October 3—First Work Grades Due
- Sunday, October 30—Mid-term Grades Due
- Monday, November 7—Last Day to Withdraw
- Wednesday, November 23—Thanksgiving Recess begins at noon
- Saturday, December 17—Commencement