Registrar’s Notes – July 25, 2011
July 25, 2011
Last Day to Withdraw
Just a reminder that today is the last day of the student-initiated withdraw period for the Summer II session. Students will have access to withdraw themselves through GoWMU until 11:59 p.m. tonight. After today, students needing to withdrawal from a course will need to go through the hardship panel withdrawal process of GAPDAC. Please refer students to the Ombudsman’s Office to initiate this process.
It’s getting near the time when Banner passwords will start expiring.
With the new rules in place for the GoWMU passwords, (upper, lower, special character, etc.), some users have tried to carry these rules over to Banner. Special characters can not be used in your Banner password.
When you change the password, if you use a special character, it will look like Banner accepted it. However, the next time you try to log in you will get an Invalid Username/Password error. The only recourse is to have it reset by your security officer.
So, use special characters for your GoWMU password, but do NOT use them for Banner passwords.
Summer II Census Data
Our total Summer II enrollment is 6,550, up 2.4% from Summer II 2010. More information, including a breakdown, can be found at: http://www.wmich.edu/ir/reports/enrollment/dose/201130dose.pdf.
- Friday, August 19—Summer II session ends
- Tuesday, August 23—Summer II grades due at noon
- Monday, August 29—Fall One Stop Opens
- Monday, September 5—Labor Day Recess
- Tuesday, September 6—Fall Classes begin at 8:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 13—Census
- Monday, October 3—First Work Grades Due
- Sunday, October 30—Mid-term Grades Due
- Monday, November 7—Last Day to Withdraw
- Wednesday, November 23—Thanksgiving Recess begins at noon
- Saturday, December 17—Commencement