Registrar’s Notes – July 18, 2011
July 18, 2011
Last Day to Withdraw
The last day of the student-initiated withdraw period for the Summer II session is next Monday, July 25. Students will have access to withdraw through GoWMU until 11:59 p.m. on the 25th. Students that are unable to access the registration system due to a hold on their account can withdraw in the Registrar's Office. If the student is not on campus, please have them contact our office at 269-387-4300 for assistance.
After July 25, withdrawal from a course will only be permitted through the hardship panel withdrawal process of GAPDAC. Documentation will be required and the Hardship Panel will determine if a hardship exists and whether a withdrawal is warranted. Students initiate this process through the Ombudsman’s Office.
Are you aware that WMU offers senior citizens (person 62 years of age or older) the opportunity to enroll in one regularly scheduled class tuition free through the Senior Citizens’ Opportunity Program in Education (SCOPE)? Anyone interested in participating in the SCOPE program must submit an admission application. Registration is done in person in the Registrar’s Office during the drop/add period, as seats are available. More information on SCOPE as well as link to the application can be found on the Registrar’s Office website at www.wmich.edu/registrar.
- Monday, July 25—Last day to withdraw
- Friday, August 19—Summer II session ends
- Tuesday, August 23—Summer II grades due at noon
- Tuesday, August 30—Fall One Stop Opens
- Monday, September 5—Labor Day Recess
- Tuesday, September 6—Fall Classes begin at 8:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 13—Census
- Monday, October 3—First Work Grades Due
- Sunday, October 30—Mid-term Grades Due
- Monday, November 7—Last Day to Withdraw
- Wednesday, November 23—Thanksgiving Recess begins at noon
- Saturday, December 17—Commencement