Registrar’s Notes – June 27, 2011
June 27, 2011
We're in our final week of orientation for new freshmen. At this point 3,059 have registered to attend orientation this summer.
Summer I ends Wednesday, June 29. Grades are due next Tuesday, July 5 at noon. Grades will be available to students as soon as we complete processing, which should will be sometime in the late afternoon on July 5.
Summer II starts on at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 30.
As a reminder, the deadlines to apply for graduation are:
- August 1 for students graduating in December
- December 1 for students graduating in April
- February 1 for students graduating in June or August
The sooner students submit their application for graduation; the sooner we can begin the process of reviewing their records and determine if they are on track to graduate the semester they are planning. Undergraduates are encouraged to apply for graduation when they have completed 88 hours, graduate students two semesters prior to their anticipated graduation date.
- Wednesday, June 29 – Summer I session ends
- Thursday, June 30 – Summer II session begins
- Monday, July 4 – Independence day recess
- Tuesday, July 5 – Summer I grades due at noon
- Friday, August 19 – Summer II session ends
- Tuesday, August 23 – Summer II grades due at noon