Registrar’s Notes – May 16, 2011
May 16, 2011
In preparation for census tonight, please ensure:
- All sections have the correct instructor of record listed.
- All sections on hold have been cancelled or made active.
- Registration is complete for all students so that they will be counted in our spring census numbers.
Waitlisting has ended for Summer I. Any students on a waitlist for a Summer I section have been dropped. Departments may add students into waitlisted sections today as they see appropriate.
We are pleased to announce that we are now live with our new, on-line transcript service. Current, as well as former students can request transcripts 24/7 though a secure site. Some benefits of this new service include:
- E-mail notification throughout the transcript process. Students will receive confirmation when the transcript was sent, and if the transcript was sent electronically to an institution that accepts electronic records, the student will receive verification that the transcript arrived.
- On-line request tracking ability. Students can log in to Docufide at anytime and see the status of their transcript request.
- The option of electronic delivery to any destination.
More information on our new transcript service, as well as instruction on how to request a transcript, can be found on the Registrar’s website at http://www.wmich.edu/registrar/records/transcripts.html.
Payment and Account Information System Upgrade
The upgrade is scheduled for May 23 and 24. The Payment and Account Information site will be unavailable during this time.
Summer Commencement Change
The second ceremony on June 25, has been changed from noon to 12:30 p.m.. The updated schedule is as follows:
9 a.m. Haworth College of Business
College of Education and Human Development
Extended University Programs
College of Fine Arts
12:30 p.m. College of Arts and Sciences
College of Health and Human Services
College of Aviation
College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Three candidates for the Registrar position will be on campus this week. Each candidate will make a public presentation in the Fetzer Center. The presentations are at 2 pm and will be open to the entire community.
Christine Bedz, Assistant Registrar at the University of Michigan-- Monday, May 16
James Tisdale, Higher Education Consultant-- Wednesday, May 18
Melanie Hough, Registrar at Ivy Tech Community College-- Thursday, May 19
- Monday, May 30 – Memorial day recess
- Saturday, June 25 – Commencement
- Wednesday, June 29 – Summer I session ends
- Thursday, June 30 – Summer II session begins
- Monday, July 4 – Independence day recess
- Tuesday, July 5 – Summer I grades due at noon
- Friday, August 19—Summer II session ends
- Tuesday, August 23 – Summer II grades due at noon