Registrar’s Notes – April 25, 2011
April 25, 2011
Over 2,000 students will be attending Saturday’s commencement in Miller Auditorium.
Ceremony times are as follows:
9 a.m. College of Education and Human Development
College of Aviation
noon Haworth College of Business
Extended University Programs
3 p.m. College of Health and Human Services
College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
College of Fine Arts
6 p.m. College of Arts and Sciences
Graduates are able to pick up their four guest tickets in the WMU Bookstore starting today through Saturday, April 30. If extra tickets are available they will be distributed on Friday, April 29 in Miller Auditorium beginning at 8:00 a.m.
The commencement ceremonies will be broadcast live on EduCABLE channel 5 and throughout the Kalamazoo viewing area by Charter Communications on Public Media Network’s channel 22.
Spring semester grades are due next Tuesday, May 3 at noon. Grades will be available to students as soon as we complete processing, which we anticipate will be sometime in the late afternoon or early evening on May 3.
A few grading reminders--
- The grade of "X" should be used when a student either never attended or stopped attending the course and is not eligible for an incomplete. The "X" grade is counted into the student's gpa the same as an "E" grade.
- An incomplete is a temporary grade, given for reasons beyond the control of the student and is not to be given as a substitute for a failing grade.
- A Report of Incomplete Grade, located on the faculty menu in GoWMU, needs to be submitted when an incomplete grade is assigned. The Report of Incomplete Grade lists the work the student needs to complete in the course as well as the deadline for completion.
- Mon-Friday, April 25-29 – Finals week
- Saturday, April 30 - Commencement
- Tuesday, May 3 –Grades due at noon.
- Monday, May 9 – Summer I session begins
- Monday, May 30 – Memorial day recess
- Saturday, June 25 – Commencement
- Wednesday, June 29 – Summer I session ends
- Thursday, June 30 – Summer II session begins
- Monday, July 4 – Independence day recess
- Tuesday, July 5 – Summer I grades due at noon
- Friday, August 19—Summer II session ends
- Tuesday, August 23 – Summer II grades due at noon