Registrar’s Notes – March 28, 2011
March 28, 2011
Student Concern Form
As we approach the end of the semester, student stress and anxiety tends to increase. Faculty, staff or students who are concerned about a student can report this using the Student Concern Form. Information recorded on the form is confidential and goes directly to the Dean of Students Office. They will review the concern and will follow up with the student. There is a link to the student concern form on the Faculty menu in GoWMU or you can go directly to: http://wwwwmichedu/students/healthhtml.
Spring 2011 Grading
Grading for the Spring 2011 semester is now open. Grades are due no later than noon on Tuesday, May 3. Faculty teaching large sections will see an improvement in the final grade worksheet. All students will now appear on one page as opposed to only 25 students displaying at a time.
Western Edge Retention Scholarship
The Western Edge Retention Scholarship is a $500 award given to first year beginning and transfer students who complete 30 credits in their first year at WMU, earn a GPA of 3.00 or higher, and enroll the following Fall semester. Summer I and Summer II hours can be used toward the 30 credit hour minimum. An e-mail went out this week to 1 ,448 students that will be short hours after the end of the Spring semester informing them that they still have an opportunity to qualify by enrolling in summer courses.
- Mon-Friday, April 25-29 – Finals week
- Saturday, April 30 - Commencement
- Tuesday, May 3 –Grades due at noon.
- Monday, May 9 – Summer I session begins
- Monday, May 30 – Memorial day recess
- Saturday, June 25 – Commencement
- Wednesday, June 29 – Summer I session ends
- Thursday, June 30 – Summer II session begins
- Monday, July 4 – Independence day recess
- Tuesday, July 5 – Summer I grades due at noon
- Friday, August 19—Summer II session ends
- Tuesday, August 23 – Summer II grades due at noon