Registrar’s Notes – January 10, 2011
January 10, 2011
One-stop convenience center
One-stop will be open today, Tuesday and Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Offices represented include:
- Accounts Receivable
- Career and Student Employment Services
- Office of Financial Aid
- Office of Information Technology
- Office of Residence Life
- Parking Services
- Registrar’s Office
- Sindecuse Health Center
Additional campus offices will also remain open until 6 p.m. Jan. 10-12. These offices include all college advising offices, the Registrar’s Office, Admissions, the Center for Academic Success Programs and Extended University Programs.
Midterm grading is now open. Instructors are encouraged to submit a ‘first work’ grade by Monday, February 14th.
Students still have time to apply for April graduation. The deadline has been extended and applications will be accepted through Friday, January 14. Information on the application process can be found on-line at http://www.wmich.edu/registrar/graduation/index.html.
Note, the deadline to apply for June and August graduation is February 1.
Study Abroad Course Repeat Policy
Students may now repeat a course taught by an overseas institution during WMU sponsored study abroad. The WMU equivalent course must be pre-approved by the department and a Study Abroad Repeat Course Permission Form needs to be submitted to the Registrar’s Office prior to starting the repeated course. The form can be found on the Registrar’s Office website at http://www.wmich.edu/registrar/pdf/forms/SA_Repeat_Course_Permission.pdf.
- Friday, January 14 – last day of drop/adds
- Monday, January 17 – MLK Day recess, no classes
- Wednesday, January 19 – late add fee ($100) begins*
- Monday, February 14 – ‘First work’ grade submitted
- Friday, February 25 – Spirit Day – no classes
- Sunday, March 13 – midterm grading closes, end of day
- Mon-Friday, February 28-March 4 – Spring Break – no classes
- Monday, March 21 – last day to withdraw
- Mon-Friday, April 25-29 – Finals week
- Saturday, April 30 - Commencement
- Tuesday, May 3 –Grades due at noon.