Registrar’s Notes – January 3, 2011
January 3, 2011
One-stop convenience center
One-stop will open on Wednesday, January 5, in the Bernhard Center. For the full schedule, and more information, see http://www.wmich.edu/registrar/onestop. Additional campus offices will also remain open until 6 p.m. Jan. 10-12. These offices include all college advising offices, the Registrar’s Office, Admissions, the Center for Academic Success Programs and Extended University Programs.
Midterm grading will open on Monday, January 10. Instructors are encouraged to submit a ‘first work’ grade by February 14. Midterm grading will close at the end of the day, March 13.
Please remind instructors to report students not attending, or students attending but not appearing on the class list. A link is provided on the Faculty menu in GoWMU. Staff will attempt to contact theses students to resolve the registration issue.
Spring final exam schedule
The complete final exam schedule for spring 2011 can be found on: http://www.wmich.edu/registrar/finalexam201101.html
Spring refund dates
- Thursday, January 20 – Last day for 90% refund for complete withdrawal
- Monday, January 24 – Last day for 50% refund for partial withdrawal
- Monday, February 7 – Last day for 50% refund for complete withdrawal
- Monday, January 10 – Classes begin at 8:00 am
- Monday, January 10– midterm grading opens
- Friday, January 14 – last day of drop/adds
- Monday, January 17 – MLK Day recess, no classes
- Wednesday, January 19 – late add fee ($100) begins*
- Monday, February 14 – ‘First work’ grade submitted
- Friday, February 25 – Spirit Day – no classes
- Sunday, March 13 – midterm grading closes, end of day
- Mon-Friday, February 28-March 4 – Spring Break – no classes
- Monday, March 21 – last day to withdraw
- Mon-Friday, April 25-29 – Finals week
- Saturday, April 30 - Commencement
- Tuesday, May 3 –Grades due at noon.
*Note that the late add fee of $100 per class is only assessed to students who are not registered for spring courses at this point; when they add a course or courses they will be assessed a late add fee of $100 per course per University policy.
Academic Standing E-Mails
An automated process is now in place to notify students through their wmich.edu e-mail account when their standing changes to probation, extended probation, final probation or dismissal. The e-mail explains what the standing means, what impact it has on future registration and provides information on recourses available to assist them.