Pools and Saunas
The recreational leisure pool at the Student Recreation Center is 3.5 feet deep and held at a temperature of 86 degrees. It is available for rentals, classes and open recreation. Our open recreation times feature the ability to play volleyball, basketball, short lap swim, or simply relax in our swirpool.
Recreation Center Pool Hours
||6:30 - 9 p.m.
||4 - 7 p.m.
||4 - 9 p.m. (Family Swim)
||1:30 - 4:30 p.m. (Family Swim)
- A valid WMU ID, spouse pass, or UR pass is required.
- Dates are subject to change.
- Lap swim is canceled during hockey games and swim meets.
Gabel Pool Hours
|Monday - Friday
||6:30 a.m. - 7:45 a.m.
||11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
||6 - 8 p.m.
This is a dry sauna only, please do not add water to any parts.
The sauna temperature
is kept between 170 and 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sauna is only open during pool hours.
- Due to high temperatures, the sauna can be dangerous to your
health. Individuals with the following conditions are at risk
and should consult their physician before entering:
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Respiratory problems
- Do not exceed 25 minutes in the sauna at recommended temperature.
- Allow yourself at least 5 minutes after exercising to cool down
- No food or drink allowed inside, but drink plenty of water before
and after sauna visits to replace fluid loss.
- Please shower before entering the pool and sauna.
- Please use a towel or mat inside the sauna to prevent moisture
from absorbing into the wood.
- No one under the age of 16 is allowed in the saunas.
- Swimsuits must be worn in the pool and sauna.