Weight Room Orientation
The Fitness/Weight Room at the SRC features a wide variety of machines to for your cardio and weight lifting workouts. We offer hundreds of pieces of equipment that include ellipticals, treadmills, steppers, bikes, free weights, exercise balls, selectorized machines and more.
Weight Room Orientation
Are you not sure how machines in our weight room work or how to set up a machine to use it? Our fitness staff can provide you with a walk through of the weight room to give you a better understanding of the set-up and how to properly position yourself on our machines. The orientation will not provide an exercise plan for you. If you are interested in obtaining a personalized work out plan, please visit our personal training page. For more information or to schedule a weight room orientation, please contact Jen Bailey (email@example.com), Assistant Director of Fitness & Wellness, at (269) 387-3762.
Weight Room Policies
- Non-WMU students under the age of 16 are not permitted in the weight room.
- No food is allowed in the weight room. Only drinks in containers with tight-fitting lids are permitted.
- Personal belongings must be kept in a locker. Items left unattended will be taken to Lost and Found.
- Proper athletic clothing, shirts, and non-marking rubber-soled shoes must be worn at all times. Sandals and other open-toe footwear, dress shoes, jeans, or jean shorts are prohibited. Clothing with rivets or zippers and jeans can tear upholstery.
- In order to maintain a healthy environment, a seperate policy has been estbalished to cover acceptable and unacceptable shirts as it applies to torso coverage. Torso coverage refers to covering the front, back and sides of an individualFor a visual description of our shirt policy, download our policy sign.
- Equipment must be wiped down after each use.
- Elliptical and other cardiovascular machines are in high demand. As a courtesy to other patrons, workout time should be limited to 30 minutes on all cardiovascular machines.
- Collars must be used on all free-weight equipment.
- Weights, plates, dumbbells, and accessories must be re-racked and/or returned to their proper storage areas after use.
- DO NOT DROP OR BANG WEIGHTS. This includes, but is not limited to, barbells, dumbbells, free-weight equipment, and other weight training machines. If you hear a "bang," you are dropping weights. Every time you drop weights, you endanger yourself and others around you, damage the floor, and disrupt classes that are going on. Patrons who carelessly drop weights and have been asked more than once to stop dropping weights will be asked to leave the weight room.