Note: the McGinnis Reading Center will not be hosting a summer reading clinic during the summer of 2018.
(links will be active when registration is open for each session)
Fall Tutoring: September - December
Spring Tutoring: January - April
For a list of all programs, click here.
Fall and spring semesters (September through April):
Monday - Thursday, noon to 7 p.m.
Summer hours during (May, June and August):
Tuesday - Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The McGinnis Reading Center and Clinic at Western Michigan University offers opportunities that will extend students' knowledge and expertise in reading, writing, and critical literacy skills with various kinds of texts. The McGinnis Reading Center and Clinic:
- Provides individual and small group literacy instruction to children in Kindergarten through 8th grade who may be experiencing reading or writing difficulties.
- Provides a trained and supportive staff of professionals to supervise undergraduate tutors who meet weekly with their students throughout the semester.
- Takes referrals from schools and families.
- Provides future teachers and master teachers with literacy practicum experiences in diagnostic teaching in a clinical setting by serving as an intern facility for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Offers reasonable tuition for quality services.