To receive a degree in psychology at Western Michigan University you must meet the following requirements.
The Department of Psychology advisor is knowledgeable about the degree requirements for the psychology program. Advisors in the College of Arts and Sciences will assist you in planning your general education classes.
- Are starting WMU in fall 2016 and have not taken college courses anywhere else, you must follow the 2016 catalog year with the major or minor beginning that year.
- Are starting WMU in fall 2014 and have not taken college courses anywhere else, you can follow the 2014 or later catalog year with the major or minor beginning that year.
- Started WMU or any Michigan Community College fall 2011 or later, you can follow the 2011 or later catalog year requirements.
- Were admitted to WMU or started your college career prior to 2011, you have the option of switching to one of the newer majors or minors and completing the new set of prerequisites and requirements. Please see the psychology advisor for more information.
- Started WMU or any Michigan Community College fall 2010 or earlier, you can follow any catalog year requirements for the psychology major or minor.
- Are transferring from a community college outside of Michigan or any four-year college or university, you must follow the catalog year based on when you started WMU.
Your major and minor must be the same catalog year, so check with your major and minor advisors if you are unsure.