Declare a Major
Declaring a behavioral science major, general psychology major, or psychology minor
To successfully declare
- A behavioral science major, you must have completed the following four courses with a grade of “B” or better: PSY 1000, PSY 1400, PSY 1600, and PSY 3000.
- A general psychology major, you must have completed the following four courses with a grade of “C” or better: PSY 1000, PSY 1400, PSY 1600, and PSY 3000.
- A psychology minor, you must have completed the following course with a grade of “C” or better: PSY 1000.
To prevent problems with registration or graduation auditing, you should declare your major or minor immediately upon completion of these courses.
To declare your major or minor online, send the undergraduate advisor an email () from your WMU email account and include the following:
- WIN number
- Please indicate in the subject line if you need to have your graduation audit done
- Whether you are declaring the major or minor
- Declaring the behavioral science or the general psychology major: Be sure to also indicate whether you are a double major and what you are double majoring in.
- Declaring a psychology minor: Be sure to also indicate any other minors you have as well as your current major.
Please Note: Any missing or inaccurate information above will delay processing of your major/minor request.
Upon receiving all above information, the Undergraduate Advisor will send you an email letting you know Degree Works has been updated with your psychology major or minor if you are eligible to declare.