The Professional Support Staff Organization at Western Michigan University is pleased that you have chosen to work at WMU. With our diverse skills, talents and personality, WMU's hard-working and dedicated support staff members make a valued contribution to the University community.
- General Membership Meeting - The next general membership meeting, which is open to all employees, will be on Wednesday, Feb. 21 at noon in 157-158 Bernhard Center. Will Arborgast, director of sports medicine, and Jim Middleton, pharmacy director, will discuss Sindecuse Health Center services and answer insurance-related questions. Grab your lunch and a co-worker and join us!
- PSSO Education Assistance Fund - The drawings for the 2018-19 academic year winners will take place at our Feb. 21 general meeting. The recipients for the fall 2017 and spring 2018 semesters were selected at our February 2017 general meeting. If you have any questions, please contact Vicky Crawford. This change went into effect in January to bring us under compliance with Financial Aid.
- PSSO Meet and Eat - PSSO is hosting a meet and greet event at the University Roadhouse, 1332 W. Michigan Ave, on Monday, Feb. 26 at 5 p.m. You do not need to be a member of PSSO to join us! Please RSVP to Melissa Bibler, by Friday, Feb. 23.
- The Western Wellness program offers several health and fitness opportunities to all staff.
Calling all PSSO members! We are trying something new as a way to introduce our members. Please contact Vicky Crawford with a photo and information about YOU! Include your name, how long you have been a member, how you are involved in PSSO or how you would like to be involved, your title and where you work. That is it! Then sit back and watch our Facebook page for your photo to show up!
- We are currently seeking PSSO eligible members to serve on the Membership Committee. If you are interested in serving on this or any committee, send the PSSO board an email through the Contact Us page.
- Joining the Professional Support Staff Organization at Western Michigan University is a great way for eligible employees to get involved, network with colleagues and have a voice on campus. We are known campuswide for hosting our Spring Luncheon, distribution of Finals Survival bags during Finals Finish, our annual Kettlecorn fundraiser and more. New members are welcome year-round. GO BRONCOS!