Office of the Provost

Office of the Provost

Academic Affairs Manual

Senior Administrative Officer Return to Faculty

When a senior administrative officer who holds tenured faculty rank wishes to return to faculty, he/she should write a letter to the next level supervisor specifying date of administrative resignation and date of return to faculty. Payroll dates should be verified.  Recommendation will be sent to the next level supervisor who will then notify the provost and vice president for Academic Affairs.

  1. The provost will respond to the faculty member and forward for approval by the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees.
  2. The provost will send a letter confirming the decision of the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees
Policy on Annual Leave Payoffs for Administrative Officers Returning to Faculty


Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5204 USA
(269) 387-2380 | (269) 387-2377 Fax