Academic Affairs Manual
Contents of advertisements
All advertisements must contain at least the following information:
- A concise job description including:
- tenure track or term appointment
- FTE designation
- academic year, fiscal year or alternate academic year appointment
- Please visit www.wmujobs.org. The appointment process at Western Michigan University requires that each applicant submit a comprehensive vita or set of placement credentials and arrange for the transmittal of at least three recent letters of recommendation.
- The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching has placed WMU among the 76 public institutions in the nation designated as research universities with high research activities.
- Sample advertisement template, which is been approved by OIE, here.
The Office of Institutional Equity will provide assistance in the preparation of advertisements on request.
Please remember to use the guidelines for the use of the University signature when advertising