Summer I/Summer II
Summer I and II courses may be taught by bargaining unit faculty, adjunct or part-time instructors in accordance with Western/WMU-AAUP Collective Bargaining Agreement and departmental policies and procedures.
- Bargaining Unit Faculty
Adjunct and part-time appointments
- Additional Faculty Appointment (Instructional)
Contractual teaching load during the “off semester or session”-up to 6 hours for bargaining unit faculty who are not faculty specialists and up to 6 hours for faculty specialists.
- Additional Faculty Appointment (Non-Instructional)
Faculty who are performing non-instructional duties, such as summer advising, grant research, administrative duties, etc.
- Faculty Overload Appointment
Teaching load beyond the contractual maximum full-time workload in any given semester or session. Paid at overload rates.
- Letters-of-offer must be generated and signed for all of these types of appointments for bargaining unit faculty.
- All additional and overload faculty appointments are processed via the PeopleSoft electronic workflow.
Please refer to FTE chart if desired.
- Letters-of-offer must be generated and signed for all of these types of appointment for adjunct and part-time teaching appointments.
- All adjunct and part-time faculty appointments are processed via the PeopleSoft electronic workflow.
- See also Appointment Procedures for Part-time Faculty and Procedures for appointing adjunct faculty.