Procedure for appointment of Affiliate Faculty
Affiliate faculty contract definition
- To submit a recommendation for affiliate faculty:
- The department completes the recommendation for affiliate appointment form. The chair/director signs form.
- The completed recommendation form and vita of the prospective affiliate faculty are forwarded to the dean for review, decision and signature.
- If the dean approves, the recommendation for and vita are forwarded to the provost for review, decision and signature.
- The provost retains a copy of the recommendation form and returns the original to the department. Then vita is retained in the provost’s office.
- If the recommendation is denied, the department relays the denial decision to the individual.
- If the recommendation if approved, the department sends a letter of offer to the prospective affiliate faculty.
- When the signed letter of offer is received from the prospective individual, the department forwards a copy of the letter to the dean and provost.
- The provost submits the recommendation of affiliate appointment to the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees.
- The provost sends a letter to the individual confirming the decision of the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees, copied to the chair/director and dean.