Metro Detroit Community Outreach in Western Michigan University’s Office of Precollege Programming provides services and programs designed to engage K-12 students and their parents in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties interested in opportunities for higher education.
Programs and services to community, faith based and youth serving organizations include:
- Conduct college readiness workshops/presentations at meetings and conferences.
- Resource tables at community events.
- Develop and nurture collaborative relationships and partnerships between the University and others in the tri-county area.
- Metro Detroit Scholarships Intensive Workshops for junior and high school students and their families.
- Information sessions about WMU programs and services.
Listed below are upcoming events and activities when scheduled. To schedule a presentation or request a resource table send an email to email@example.com or call (269) 599-2496.
- WMU need-based and merit-based scholarship opportunities
- Information about WMU Endowed Scholarships
How to find community scholarships
Ways to finance college & FAFSA updates
An opportunity to submit an online WMU admission application and receive a fee waiver
- WMU Wednesday: Scholarship Workshop, November 11 from 2 - 4 p.m. at Troy Public Library @ Civic Center Drive, 510 W. Big Beaver, Troy MI 48084
- An official high school transcript with at least six semesters of work
- ACT or SAT scores directly from ACT or College Board (ACT Code: 2066; SAT code: 1902), on your high school transcript, or from a score report