The Institute of Government and Politics in the Department of Political Science at Western Michigan University introduces students, faculty and the greater Kalamazoo community to scholars of politics and political actors from outside the University and to the current research of departmental faculty and students. The institute teams with student groups throughout the university to arrange these campus visits and is an outreach arm of the Department of Political Science.
Focus of institute events
- American politics and government
- International and comparative politics
- Political theory
- Diplomatic and consular officials
- Federal policymakers
- State and local elected officials
- Krishna H. Pushkar is the Joint Secretary of the Government of Nepal, and a Fulbright Hubert Humphrey Fellow at Michigan State University. His talk "World Cup Football on the Migrant's Grave: The Modern Kafala Slavery System”will take place Tuesday, Oct. 21 in the Political Science Library (Friedmann 3301) at 3:30 p.m. Contact Dr. Peter Wielhouwer for more information.
March 13: "’The Ties that Bind’: Political Theory and Critical Political Science"
Nancy Love, Appalachian State University
April 17: "Diasporas and Contested Sovereignty"
Maria Koinova, University of Warwick (UK)
For more information, contact Peter Wielhouwer.