Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5346 USA
- International political economy
- International relations
- International institutions and regionalism
- Latin American politics
- The politics of finance in emerging markets
- Foreign aid as foreign policy
- Curricular and pedagogical movements in the Global Studies field
Dr. Laura Hastings, assistant professor of political science, joined Western Michigan University in the spring 2014 after teaching and holding administrative positions with the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh.
Hastings has developed and run interdisciplinary programs in global studies, international relations and European Union studies. Her teaching interests span topics in comparative political economy, including banking and finance, regional integration and multinational corporations. She has led study abroad programs to Peru and Nicaragua and has been active for many years with the United Nations Association and its programming.