Department of Political Science Graduate Financial Support

Graduate assistantships and associateships

The Department of Political Science at Western Michigan University supports a number of its graduate students each year through teaching or research assistantships. Advanced students may be able to teach their own courses. Doctoral students may be awarded either an assistantship or an associateship.

Applications for financial assistance must be submitted by Feb. 1 to be considered for the following academic year. Complete the department form, not the form on the Graduate College website. There is only one application deadline per year, and funding support starts with the fall semester.

Admission to the graduate program must be completed by Feb. 1 for the assistantship application to be considered.

Other sources of financial support

Financial aid from the Graduate College

Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships