pilot coater diagram
Hot Soft-nip or Steel-to-steel Calender
- On machine, use with or without coater
- Default set-up two-nip hot-soft, one-nip steel-to-steel, or both Four hot-soft nips are also available
- Nip pressure to 2500 PLI (438 kN/m) using hot-soft and to 1500 PLI (263 kN/m) using steel-to-steel
- Temperature ambient to 480F (250C)
- Roll heating by hot oil internally and induction externally
- Variations in temperature require 3°F/minute to cool or heat steel roll.
- To translate Küsters calender set up to a specific mill calender condition, provide mill roll diameter, durometer, load, temperature, speed, and width. Conversion factors may require running calender separately from coater if speed to match to mill calendering conditions is slower than nominal coating speed.