Western Michigan University scholarships will be awarded according to the following schedule provided that the student satisfies the eligibility and activity requirements:
Annual performance awards schedule
|Entering student (freshmen and transfer) first semester introductory award||$1,000|
|Entering student with application by Dec. 1 (freshmen and transfer) first semester introductory award||$1,500|
|GPA range||2.7 to 2.99||3.00 to 3.49||3.5 and higher
|Entering student (freshmen and non-WMU transfer) second semester||$500||$1,500||$3,000|
|Sophomore (26-55 credits) annual||$750||$3,000||$5,000|
|Junior (56-87 credits) annual||$1,000||$5,000||$7,000|
|Senior (88+ credits) annual||$2,000||$7,000||$9,000|
- Transfer students (from alternative WMU curriculum) who qualify will receive an award based upon GPA and class level according to the performance awards schedule after the first semester introductory award.
- Transfer students (from non-WMU curriculum) who qualify will receive the first and second semesters entering student awards and all subsequent awards will be based upon GPA and class level according to the performance awards schedule.
- Out-of-state or non-resident students
- All paper engineering majors are eligible to receive the Paper Technology Foundation performance-based scholarship awards for a total of nine semesters provided that the eligibility and activity requirements are satisfied.
- All applications must be received by the foundation by the application deadline. If you have any questions regarding Paper Technology Foundation scholarships, please call (269) 276-3856.