In lieu of performance awards
- Two leadership scholarships: $2,500 annual.
- Two competitive scholarships: $12,000 annual.
Leadership and competitive scholarships requirements and application
- Leadership scholarship open to majors and minors meeting a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Competitive scholarship open to majors and minors meeting a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- A student will not be awarded both a leadership and competitive scholarship at the same time.
- Leadership and competitive scholarship awards will count toward the maximum total of nine semester awards.
- Must satisfy all eligibility and activity requirements with the exception of being a declared paper engineering major.
- To apply, complete the Paper Technology Foundation scholarship application and submit a one to three page essay indicating why you should be chosen to firstname.lastname@example.org by the Paper Technology Foundation scholarship application deadline.
- Phone or in-person interview may also be required as determined by the recruitment and scholarship committee.
Essay will be judged using the following metrics:
- 30 percent: Over all presentation of essay (grammar and writing skills).
- 20 percent: Evidence presented of engagement with Paper Industry or Paper Engineering Program.
- 20 percent: Evidence presented of ability to provide innovation or contribution to industry at one or more internships or co-ops.
- 20 percent: Evidence presented of actions taken to provide leadership or mentoring to underclassmen/women.
- 10 percent: Other Extracurricular Leadership Involvement (sports or other activities).
In addition to performance awards
- Co-op enrollment award: $400 for CHP 3100.
- Senior honors award, last year if GPA exceeds 3.5: $500 per semester.
- Senior co-op award, upon first semester of eligibility: $500 annual.
- Reach across/reach back: $500 per referral.
Co-op enrollment award, senior honors, senior co-op, and reach across/reach back awards:
- Must satisfy eligibility and activity requirements.
- Co-op enrollment award will occur when a student’s semester enrollment is for CHP 3100 while away on co-op.
- Separate application not required for senior honors and senior co-op awards; there is automatic consideration when application is made for performance-based awards.
- Reach-across and reach-back referral notification must be sent to email@example.com by the start of the applicable semester.
* Co-op students are exempt from the PTF activity requirements during the semester in which away on co-op.
Western Michigan University Paper Technology Foundation scholarships are awarded on a funds-available basis with performance-based scholarship occurring first.