The Georgia Lee Metcalfe Memorial Scholarship is for students interested mental health issues who plan to pursue a career in mental health upon graduation.
- Demonstrate financial need (complete a FAFSA for the current academic year).
- Enrolled full-time in the occupational therapy curriculum.
- Student must have demonstrated interest in mental health during their academic career with an interest to pursue mental health upon graduation. Interest will be expressed in a one-page essay. See examples of "demonstrated interest" below.
- Second year occupational therapy student.
- Minimum of a 3.3 GPA.
- March 1
- Amount varies
- Award will be credited directly to the recipient's student account in two distributions:
- First distribution in the fall academic semester
- Second distribution during the subsequent semester
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Proof of interest in mental health area
- Volunteer experience.
- Scholarly works including research papers, professional posters, presentations, etc.
- Letters of recommendation/reference from people in the mental health field.
- Description of plan to practice in mental health upon graduation.