Established in 2011, the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Western Michigan University (OLLI at WMU) plays an important role in our community by offering noncredit, affordable courses and exciting, educational trips for mature adults. Staying active, whether through academic pursuit, physical exercise or social interaction, is vital to health and happiness at every stage of life. We are committed to the community of Southwest Michigan and we need your support.
Our vision is to be the leading provider of distinctive lifelong learning opportunities in Southwest Michigan. We are a primarily volunteer-run organization and also receive in-kind support from WMU’s Extended University Programs. In 2015, in recognition of our program’s strength and promise, the Bernard Osher Foundation awarded us a prestigious $1 million gift to set up an endowment (each year, only interest from the endowment may be used for operating expenses). However, the interest from the endowment, OLLI at WMU membership fees and modest course fees are not enough to allow us to be self-sustaining.
For the first time in our history, we are inviting community organizations to sponsor OLLI at WMU so that we may continue to grow and positively impact the well-being and quality of life of adults age 50 and better across the region. Your sponsorship will:
- Align your organization with our quality program that serves adults by offering a variety of engaging opportunities to stay mentally, socially and physically active.
- Share your message of support in 12,000 catalogs distributed throughout Southwest Michigan, member emails, monthly newsletters and at our events.
- Reach over 800 OLLI at WMU members, who are generally well-educated, active, engaged in life and influential in our community and in their families.
- Allow us to keep course fees as low as possible, therefore facilitating accessibility for mature adults of all income levels.
- Help us reach our goal of being self-sustaining.
Please review the sponsorship opportunities that are now available and contact us for more information about this opportunity to align with a unique, significant community resource: OLLI at WMU.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor for OLLI at WMU, please contact Harold Watkins in our office by phone (269) 387-4157, or by email at email@example.com.