Zimbra Notifier for Webmail Plus
Western Michigan University has purchased a restricted domain license for the Zimbra Notifier add-on program. This program is used in conjunction with Webmail Plus and is available for Windows OS only. It:
- Handles mailto links by opening Webmail Plus when you click on a mailto link.
- Configures Webmail Plus as your default email client.
- Opens Webmail Plus by double-clicking the application tray icon.
- Notifies about new email and upcoming calendar appointments.*
* This feature is not working consistently on all computers. OIT is aware of, and working on, the problem.
|Note: if you already have Zimbra Notifier running on your computer and are upgrading to a newer version, you must first exit the running version and then download and install the new version. To exit the current version, right-click the red Zimbra icon in the lower right of your screen and then click Exit.
To download and install Zimbra Notifier for Webmail Plus:
- Login to GoWMU using your Bronco NetID and password.
- In the Software Downloads channel (formerly Virus Protection channel), select Webmail Plus Notifier software.
- Click the obtain Zimbra Notifier link. By doing so you are acknowledging that you are legally required to discontinue the use of the program if or when you leave WMU.
- Select Download
- Once the file has downloaded, locate and double-click it. It will generally be found either on your desktop or in the Downloads folder in your My Documents folder.
- Click OK if you get an Open Executable File? box and Run if you get an Unknown Publisher error.
- When the configuration window opens, enter:
- Replace bnid with your Bronco NetID in the User box.
- Enter your Bronco NetID password in the Password box
- Check Save Password
- Click OK
- When it has finished installing, you will see the Zimbra Notifier icon in your bottom right task bar.
- You may double-click the icon to open Webmail Plus at any time.
- If you click on a mailto link in a Web page and you receive a Launch Application error, click Choose.
- Browse to the Zimbra Notifier folder and select ZimbraNotifier
- Zimbra Notifier will now be displayed in the Launch Application window. Highlight it, check Remember my choice for mailto links and click OK.
- The Webmail Plus application will now launch whenever a mailto link is clicked.